Call of Duty Dev error 6068 may be due to a bad DirectX installation on your system.
Dev Error 6068 in the game characterizes the game freezes/crashes with the following message:
Here are some general workarounds to consider before proceeding with a specific solution.
- If you use various displays, use only one display.
- Make sure all other games are working properly.
- If you want to play game hassle free, RAM speed should be 3000 MHz.
- Speed of internet should be stable and fast.
RUN THE GAME WITH ADMINISTRATOR PRIVILEGES
Call of Duty needs administrator privileges to access certain files and services. Dev error 6068 may occur if admin privileges are not granted. In this case, starting the game with administrator rights may solve the problem. As an example, we define the process of the Battle.net launcher. To run Call of Duty as an administrator, you can follow the instructions.
- Open the Battle.net launcher and then open the Call of Duty window.
- Before open the call of duty window, open battle.net launcher.
- Then the options and click
- Now click “Show in Explorer”
5. Now find in Call of Duty folder and right-click on Call of Duty file (.exe file with extension).
6. Now click “Run as administrator” in the submenu and check if the problem is solved.
Playing with the priority of a process isn’t a good idea unless you know what you’re doing, but in the current scenario the game loads the CPU and GPU quite a bit, changing the priority of the process to High. You can solve problems by prioritizing them.
- Right-click on the taskbar and then click on Task Manager
2. Now find the Call of Duty process, right-click on it, go to the menu and click Details.
3. Now, in the Details tab, right-click on the Call of Duty process (it should already be highlighted), select Priority from the displayed menu, then click High on the submenu.
4. Now check if the game is working properly.
UPDATE WINDOWS AND SYSTEM DRIVERS
Microsoft and system release new updates to their OS and system drivers to increase performance and patch known bugs. Using outdated variants of Windows/System drivers is prone to many problems, including Dev error 6068.
- Windows press the key for Updates enter you. Click on check for updates
- Now click the Check for Updates button in the Updates window
3. Download and install updates (if any).
4. Download Windows Update Assistant.
5. Before follow the update process, run the downloaded file.
6. Also, check the website of your system manufacturer for the latest version of system drivers.
7. Once the update process is complete, check if the issue is resolved.
SCAN AND RECOVER GAME FILES
Corrupted game files in Call of Duty can cause Dev Error 6068 in the game, in which case you can fix the problem by scanning and repairing the game files.
- Open Battle.net again and click Call of Duty.
- Now click on the Options menu (under the heading) and then click on
3. Then click Start Scan.
4. Your game files will now be scanned and any missing/corrupted files will be downloaded (if any).
5. After checking and repairing your game files, check if the issue is resolved.
USE THE PC SCREEN ONLY OPTION
Call of Duty doesn’t work well with more than one display. If you are using various displays, this can be the root element of the problem.
- The Call of Duty shutdown and all processes associated with the Task Manager, quit you.
- Click the notification icon in the system tray.
- Then click on your project (you can also use the shortcut of Windows + P keys).
4. If the issue is resolved, Launch Call of Duty.
If you use different displays during gaming, changing the game mode to borderless may solve the problem.
- The Call of Duty begins to set, click the following graphic, click the tab.
- Then expand Display Modes and click Full Screen Borderless in the submenu.
- Now save your changes and see if Dev Error 6068 is resolved.
CHANGE VIDEO MEMORY SCALE
If your game loads a lot of VRAM and chokes, lowering this setting may solve the problem.
- The Call of Duty terminated and all related processes through the Task Manager shutdown will.
- Now start File Explorer.
- Then the player folder path to move to. Usually the path is:
- Now find the adv_options file.
- VideoMemoryScale line to find.
- Change the VideoMemoryScale value to 0.5.
- If the issue is resolved, launch Call of Duty.
DISABLE GAME OVERLAY/PERFORMANCE MONITORING APPLICATION
Programs with overlay capabilities are known for many Dev Error Codes, including Dev Error 6068. Disable these software applications to solve the problem.
Follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Game shutdown and all related processes through the Task Manager shutdown for.
- Launch GeForce Experience.
- Click the General tab in the left pane of the GeForce Experience window.
- Scroll down to find the option of In- Game Overlays and Toggle on its switch- off position.
- Change the save after the GeForce Experience exit to.
- Now launch Call of Duty and see if it works normally.
Read the instructions below for turn off the game bar
- Game shutdown and all running processes with Task Manager Shutdown for.
- Now press the Windows key and type Gaming. Then click in the game bar set search results.
- Game collection set right pane of the window switching switch of game collections on Off.
Follow the instructions for that application to disable it and make sure Call of Duty is working properly.
USING DIRECTX 11 FOR CALL OF DUTY
However, many games experience other types of problems when using DirectX 12. As an example, we describe the process of Battle.net Launcher.
- Open the Battle.net launcher and open Options.
- Now open the game settings.
- Next, Call of Duty for Additional Command Line Arguments for options and the -d3d11 input to.
- Now run Call of Duty
SYSTEM CLEAN BOOT
If this has not yet helped, the problem you are experiencing may be the result of a conflicting third party application / driver. In this case, a clean boot of the system can help detect and troubleshoot conflicting applications.
- Clean boot your system.
- Launch Call of Duty as an administrator (make sure no other apps are running) and see if the issue is resolved.
- If so, find the problematic application and troubleshoot between them.
Uses Call of Duty Shader to show shading in 3D. However, Shader is known to cause many developer errors, including Dev Error 6068. There are two things.
Initiate calling and playback of start duty.
Start reinstalling shaders in-game.
Continue until the game is installed. After the shader installation completes during the process, restart the installation process. Continue reinstalling the shaders after each install is complete until you play the game.
DELETE THE PLAYERS/PLAYERS 2 FOLDER
Delete this folder will remove the shading from the game.
- The Call of Duty shutdown and all processes running shutdown will.
- Now go to the players’ folder in Call of Duty. It is usually located in:
Documents then Call of Duty Modern Warfare
- Back up your Players folder just in case! Or even if you have a Players 2 folder, make a backup.
- Now delete the Players folder.
- Now start Call of Duty and check if the problem is solved.
Call of Duty and your system may have un-optimized settings, which can lead to Dev Error 6068. In that case, changing these settings may resolve the issue.
CHANGE VERTICAL SYNC
- Quit Call of Duty.
- Start the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- Then select Manage 3D Settings.
- Now change the vertical sync to “Adaptive Half Refresh Rate”.
- Now launch Call of Duty and see if it works properly.
- If not, turn off vertical sync and see if the issue is resolved.
DISABLE RAY TRACING
- Start, open the Call of Duty option and navigate to Shadows and Lights.
- Now disable the ray tracing option and see if the issue is resolved.
- Games start the game options open.
- Now go to the Accounts tab in the Options menu.
- Then Crossplay select the option to disable selected will
- Now check if the game is working properly.
ENABLE SERVER LATENCY
Open Call of Duty, launch the option, and go to the General tab to receive.
DISABLE G SYNC
- Start the NVIDIA Control Panel.
- In the left pane of the window display, and then click Advanced G-Sync Settings.
- Now uncheck the Enable G-Sync option and see if the issue is resolved.
Microsoft DirectX is an API used by software applications to communicate with computer hardware. If it went bad (which could be an error message indicating an issue with DirectX), it could be the cause of the current issue. In that case, reinstalling may resolve the issue.
- Reinstall DirectX.
- After reinstalling DirectX, check if the game works normally.
DISABLE OVER CLOCKING OF CPU/GPU
Overclocking is a common norm in the gaming world, but it causes a lot of problems with games. Overclocking the CPU / GPU can be the main cause of giant Dev error 6068. In this case, slowing down the clock or resetting the CPU / GPU to its default speed may solve the problem.
- Decrease the clock speed. Before slowing down the clock, you should study the method of overclocking.
- After lowering your CPU / GPU clock speed, check that the game is working properly.
EXECUTE SFC AND DISM COMMANDS
Corrupt OS files, especially those related to DirectX, can cause a Call of Duty Dev error 6068. In that case, executing these commands can solve the problem.
- SFC execution
- Running DISM
REINSTALL THE GAME
If nothing has happened yet, you will need to uninstall the game and then reinstall it. As an example, we describe the process of Battle.net Launcher.
- Launch Battle.net again and click on the icon of Call of Duty.
- Then click the Remove Game button
- Now follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
- Then restart your system
- Now launch Battle.net and launch it again
- Then install Call of Duty and see if the issue is resolved
WINDOWS RESET OR CLEAN INSTALL
If nothing has worked so far, you have no choice but to reset Windows or perform a clean install of Windows.
Sometimes the RAM installed in your computer can prevent you from playing this game. So if you have extra RAM or want to try new RAM in your computer, try changing your computer’s RAM.
Some users have experienced that by reducing the field of view from less than 100 to around 95 they can play the game perfectly without any development errors. Therefore, I recommend keeping the graphics settings at their default values and reducing the field of view to around 95.
For More Articles: Lifestylebuz.com