Are you still receiving the error message “WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration” error when diagnosing an inactive internet connection in Windows 10? This happens when your PC fails to secure an IP (Internet Protocol) address that works over Wi-Fi. You may also see IP related errors similar to Ethernet.
If restarting your computer doesn’t solve the problem (try it if you haven’t already), you should follow these troubleshooting tips. It will help you organize.
In most cases, the error “WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration” is displayed due to a random error on the router side. The solution is to restart the router.
Start by turning off your router. Then, at that point, stand by something like 10 seconds prior to betraying. Once your computer reconnects to Wi-Fi, check if you can access the internet without any issues.
RESET YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER
Disable your PC and then re-enable it. The wireless network adapter is another powerful fix for connectivity issues in Windows 10.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run box.
In_content_1 all: [300×250] / dfp: [640×360] ->
2. cpl, the input and the check and select Properties.
3. When Network and Sharing Center appears on the screen, right-click on your wireless network adapter and select Disable
4. Wait up to 10 seconds
5. Right-click the Wi-Fi adapter again and select Enable
RENEW YOUR PC’S IP LEASE
Restarting the router or disabling/re-enabling the router did not solve the problem with the wireless network adapter. You need to set your computer to Renew IP Lease. Just run multiple commands via Windows PowerShell.
- Press Windows + X and select Windows PowerShell.
- Hold down the Enter key and run the commands below in sequence.
- ipconfig / release
- ipconfig /flushdns (optional)
- ipconfig /renew
- Exit Windows PowerShell
TCP/IP STACK RESET
If renewing the IP lease doesn’t help, you may need to reset your PC’s TCP/IP stack. This requires running a couple of orders once more, however this time through a raised Windows PowerShell console.
- Press Windows + X and select Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Hold down Enter and run the commands below in sequence.
- netsh winsock reset catalog
- netsh int ip reset
- Exit the Command Prompt console and restart your computer. If a corrupted TCP/IP stack is the cause of the error, you should be able to connect online without any problems.
REINSTALL THE WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER
If you still receive the “WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration” error message, you will need to remove and reinstall the wireless network adapter from your computer. You should rule out a damaged driver from the equation.
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- Expand Network adapters.
- Right-click the wireless network adapter and select Disable Device.
- Select Yes.
- Right-click the wireless network adapter again and select Remove Device.
6. Reboot your computer and the wireless network adapter will be automatically reinstalled.
Note: If your computer still fails to detect and install your wireless network adapter after restarting, open Device Manager again, right-click on your computer’s name at the top and select Hardware Select Scan for changes.
UPDATE YOUR WIRELESS NETWORK ADAPTER
Reinstalling the wireless network adapter doesn’t help either. You need to update that driver. Windows 10 installs generic drivers by default, but it’s a good idea to get an up-to-date copy from the device manufacturer’s website. Naturally, you must use a device with an active internet connection.
GET AN IP ADDRESS AUTOMATICALLY
Have you configured your PC’s wireless network adapter with custom IP address and DNS settings? If so, you’ll need to switch back to getting it automatically.
- Press Windows + R to open the Run box. Then ncpa.cpl input and the check and select Properties.
- Right-click the Wi-Fi adapter and select Properties.
- On the Networking tab, double-click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP / IPv4) Properties
4. Select the radio buttons next to Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP / IPv6) property.
CHANGE YOUR ROUTER’S SSID AND PASSWORD
Another way to fix the ‘WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration’ error is to change your router’s SSID and password. To do this, you need to visit your router settings.
Note: You will need your router’s gateway IP, username and password to access the settings. You can usually find the details on the label on the router itself.
- In a new browser tab in Chrome, Firefox or Edge, type the gateway IP and press Enter.
- Log in to the router using your username and password.
- Check the router settings and change the SSID and password. Then save your changes.
Once this is done, you will need to update your PC connection to the router with the new SSID and password. Don’t forget to update your network on other devices connected to your network as well.
RUN THE NETWORK ADAPTER TROUBLESHOOTER
Now you’ve done a fair amount of work. You should now use Windows 10’s network troubleshooter to re-diagnose your Wi-Fi connection.
- Press Windows + X and select Network Connections.
- Select Network troubleshooter
3. Select Wi-Fi. Then select Next and follow the on-screen instructions to troubleshoot the issue
If you get the message “WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration” again, go to the next fix.
RESET YOUR PC’S NETWORK SETTINGS
Reset your PC’s network settings. It will revert all network related settings to their default values and most likely patch any incorrect or corrupted configurations.
- Press Windows + X and select Network Connections.
- Select Network Reset.
- Select Reset Now
If you reconnect to Wi-Fi after resetting the network settings, the “WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration” error should no longer occur.
WI-FI IP CONFIGURATION IS VALID
You can usually resolve the “WiFi does not have a valid IP configuration” error by restarting the router, resetting the wireless network adapter, or renewing the IP. However, if the problem recurs after a period of time, we recommend that you do some of the above advanced fixes until it is permanently gone.
For More Articles Please Visit www.lifestylebuz.com